Veterans Boot Camp Application
2021 Des Plaines Chamber's Veterans Back to Work Boot Camp- APPLICATION INFORMATION
Application has Closed
The Des Plaines Chamber of Commerce & Industry is proud to announce its 5th Annual Veterans Back-to-Work Boot Camp is returning in September 2021 in our new HYBRID format! The selected veterans will receive the tools they need to transition into the civilian job force.
Thank you for your interest in the Veterans Back to Work Boot Camp. The Application process has closed. We are in the process of reviewing the applications and we will reach out to those who applied in the next couple of weeks. If you have any questions please feel free to email Andrea Biwer at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are searching for recent military veterans that have been honorably discharged to apply for this trans-formative opportunity. The Chamber, along with several human resource representatives and Veteran Business leaders from area companies will select 20 Veterans in August. Upon completion, each participant will receive a career-enhancing gift package valued at more than $8,000.00 (see list below). The remaining applications will be shared with the committee for hiring consideration and will be invited to a future Career Fair.
Click Here to see a short video on the program's success.
Upon completion of the Boot Camp on November 11, 2021, each Veteran will receive:
- Personal Laptop Computer with Microsoft Office Package
- Woodfield Mall Gift Card
- Home Depot Gift Card
- 1-Year Membership to Planet Fitness
- 1-Year Car Maintenance Package
- Personalized Resume Package that includes 1- 1 personalized help with Social Media and Interviewing
- Career Coaching & Mentoring from HR & Business Leaders from across the region
- Professional & Personal Development Training
- Networking & Events (Annual Golf Outing, After –Hours, etc.)
- SURPRISES & MORE!