The Des Plaines Chamber of Commerce & Industry is proud to announce its 5th Annual Veterans Back-to-Work Boot Camp is returning in September 2022 in our new HYBRID format! The selected veterans will receive the tools they need to transition into the civilian job force.
We are searching for recent military veterans who have been honorably discharged to apply for this trans-formative opportunity. The Chamber, along with several human resource representatives and Veteran Business leaders from area companies will select 20 Veterans in August. Upon completion, each participant will receive a career-enhancing gift package valued at more than $8,000.00 (see list below). The remaining applications will be shared with the committee for hiring consideration and will be invited to a future Career Fair.
Click Here to see a short video on the program's success.
Upon completion of the Boot Camp on November 9, 2022, each Veteran will receive:
- Personal Laptop Computer with Microsoft Office Package
- Woodfield Mall Gift Card
- Home Depot Gift Card
- 1-Year Membership to Planet Fitness
- Personalized Resume Package that includes 1- 1 personalized help with Social Media and Interviewing
- Career Coaching & Mentoring from HR & Business Leaders from across the region
- Professional & Personal Development Training
- Networking & Events (Annual Golf Outing, After –Hours, etc.)
- Community Service Veteran Volunteer Opportunity
- SURPRISES & MORE!
Application Deadline is July 17th
For more information, please click here or email email@example.com